Information about the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange's goals, staff, services, publications and partners.
NCDE goals are to increase the participation and inclusion of people with disabilities in the full range of international exchange opportunities by providing:
- A comprehensive website with guidance tips on inclusion and accommodations in international exchange, financial aid sources, and success stories
- Searchable databases on national and international disability organizations and international exchange programs
- One-on-one free consulting services to individuals with disabilities, exchange coordinators, disability organizations, school personnel and other professionals
- Presenting and exhibiting at international exchange and disability conferences
- Publications, brochures, videos, and on-line magazine on international exchange participation by people with disabilities
- Outreach and research on inclusion efforts for the participation of underrepresented groups
Established in 1995, the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State and administered by Mobility International USA (MIUSA).
Contact NCDE's Information and Referral Services
- Chat with us in the "Ask NCDE" box on the right of our website
- Email email@example.com
- Windows Messenger user ID "clearinghouse_miusa
- About NCDE's Staff
- Meet our staff and learn about our expertise in disability and exchange issues
- Celebrating MIUSA's Story: 30th Anniversary Book
- 43-page book highlighting 30 years of MIUSA's accomplishments in international exchange and international development made possible by our staff, donors, partners, homestay families and alumni around the world.
- MIUSA will be attending or presenting during these events. Join us!
- Frequently Asked Questions About NCDE
- Frequent questions about the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange and Mobility International USA
- Internships with Mobility International USA
- If your dream career involves disability rights, international development, international exchange, or non-profit management, an internship with MIUSA is your opportunity to gain experience while working at an internationally recognized and respected mission-driven organization!
- Link to Mobility International USA
- Link to us from your organization’s website to connect with valuable resources, strategies and stories on people with disabilities' participation in international exchange programs and signal your organization's commitment to inclusion globally.
- Mailing List
- Do you want to stay updated monthly via email on events, resources and news related to Mobility International USA/National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange's work?
- National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange Brochure
- Publications, DVDs, Brochures, Newsletters and Products
- MIUSA publishes books, DVDs/videos, brochures and products on disability, international exchange and international development.
- Roundtable Consortium Advisory Members
- Representatives from these key organizations meet semi-annually to discuss how to incorporate the NCDE's goals into their work, and to advise the NCDE on best meeting the needs in the international exchange and disability fields.