New Disability Resource for EducationUSA Advisers
The January 2011 issue of EducationUSA Connections is on “Advising Students with Disabilities.”
Feature stories include:
- Students with Disabilities Studying in the United States: Resources and Opportunities By Olivia Hardin, Mobility International USA/National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
- Advising International Students with Health in Mind: Chronic Conditions and Study in the USA By Martha Bridgman, EducationUSA
- Requesting Disability-related Accommodations for Standardized Exams: Lessons Learned for a Visually Impaired Student in Nepal By Sulav Bhatta, EducationUSA
- How to Approach Funding for Students with Disabilities By Alisyn Henneck, Mobility International USA/National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
Additional sidebars highlighting disability issues include:
- U.S. Non-Discrimination Legislation,
- Online Resources,
- Examples of Accommodations,
- Using Screen Reader Software to Assist Students who are Blind or Low Vision,
- Ghana Student with Disabilities Profiles,
- Ethics in Advising, and
- Center Spotlights on US-UK and Colombia Fulbright Commissions.
EducationUSA Advisors or universities with access to the EducationUSA login site can download and read the Connections journal online. Others can contact Shannon Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.