New Traveler Stories
The latest stories and blogs related to international exchange and disability.
- AWAY Topics - Disability 101: Create a Culture of Inclusion for Education Abroad
- The seventh issue of AWAY Topics offers best practices in making education abroad inclusive of and accessible to people with disabilities.
- Embracing Italy and Going with the Flow in Florence
- Amanda had an amazing summer studying in Florence, Italy. She shares how her anxieties faded away or were talked through with others once overseas.
- Zach's Gap Year: Volunteering Around the World
- Zach talks about taking a year to travel abroad after high school and how he managed cultural differences related to his social anxiety and depression.
- Teresa Pichardo in Ghana: Opening Worlds Through Teaching
- As a Harris Wofford Global Service Fellow, Teresa Pichardo was selected to participate in a Cross-Cultural Solutions volunteer program in Ghana. At the school where she worked, Teresa had a chance to work with students who are deaf like her and "open their world a little bit."
- Illinois Alum Aims to ‘Enable Abroad’
- After returning from his overseas studies in Australia, Robert Kozarek spearheaded an initiative at his university at home to motivate other students with disabilities to explore options to go abroad. Robert is a wheelchair user.