New Traveler Stories
The latest stories and blogs related to international exchange and disability.
- Finding a New Normal in Peru
- Volunteering at a health clinic in Lima, Peru offered Tracy Cherba an opportunity to share her strategies for managing diabetes with the community.
- An Important Step in My Life
- In her mission to increase opportunities for people in Peru who are blind, Angela Marin Rivera sought professional development with a US blind organization, expanding her own independent living skills in the process.
- Ireland Stories
- Explore Ireland through stories of college students with different types of disabilities who visited the country on education abroad programs.
- Featured Person: Shakeya Britton
- Meet Shakeya, who earned credit towards a degree in Social Work through a service learning course in the Philippines. Shakeya is a student who has cerebral palsy.
- Featured Person: Angela Marin
- Meet Angela, a Community Solutions Program leader who trained at an independent living center in the US for professional development. Angela, who is blind, will apply her new knowledge towards serving people in Peru.