U.S. community colleges provide a wide range of academic and professional programs, and are increasing internationalization efforts across campus! These community colleges are eager to join the ranks of institutions with increasing participation in international exchange programs for both American and international students, and want to know how to best recruit, advise, and plan for disability-related accommodations.
As an initiative of the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange project, MIUSA staff will identify champions of inclusion at community colleges and interview staff and students to share their experiences and practices towards an inclusive international exchange program.
- The latest edition of the A World Awaits You (AWAY) journal spotlighting U.S. community colleges as a high-quality, affordable and practical option for international students with disabilities to access higher education in the United States.
- New online stories and tipsheets for disabled people and exchange professionals focusing on outbound international exchange options for community college students.
- Presentations at conferences to promote the inclusion of students with disabilities in all types of international exchange programs provided at community colleges.
There are lots of ways that you can help move this initiative forward.
Community College Professionals:
- Share your strategies for disability-inclusive international exchange with us to be featured online or in a publication!
- Ask us for tips on how to actively recruit people with disabilities for your programs.
- Be a guest on one of our webinars.
- Share this initiative with your larger networks.
Community College Exchange Alumni with Disabilities (U.S. and International Students):
- Promote your story and experience through social media, student event, and/or writing a blog.
- Share your story with us to be featured in the AWAY publication or online.
- Be a guest presenter on a webinar with us!
Sign-up for our Access Exchange E-News to get the latest updates with our community college focus!