A World Awaits You
So often we hear from people with disabilities and colleagues in the international exchange or disability fields how the stories we share change what they think is possible.
This AWAY publication captures stories of people with disabilities who have participated in international exchange experiences around the world.
- Why they chose to go
- What they did to find and fund opportunities
- How they planned for the experience
- What disability-related strategies they used in navigating abroad
- How the journey has impacted them on return
Among the individual stories you will find useful are tips and infographics, lists of opportunities, and best practices from those who coordinate overseas programs. AWAY is published once or twice a year in a variety of accessible formats, and each issue follows a different theme.
View the most recent issues in the Table of Contents. Happy reading!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- A World Awaits You – Community Colleges Issue
- A World Awaits You – Champions for Inclusion
- A World Awaits You – Spotlight on Sub-Saharan Africa
- A World Awaits You – People with Disabilities Access Languages
- A World Awaits You – International Students with Disabilities Issue
- A World Awaits You – Experiential Exchanges
- A World Awaits You – Students with Disabilities Studying Abroad
- A World Awaits You – Non-Apparent Disabilities
- A World Awaits You – Youth with Disabilities
- A World Awaits You – Intersections Abroad
- A World Awaits You – People with Disabilities Expand the Definition of International Exchange