Excellence in Development and Disability Inclusion (EDDI) is MIUSA's membership-based group working toward inclusive international development. Member organizations are NGOs and others who are committed to access and ensuring that their programs are reaching people with disabilities.
- ADRA International
- ChildFund International
- CORE Group
- Global Communities
- Oxfam America
- Save the Children
- Solidarity Center
- Trickle Up
- WEEMA International
- Women for Women International
- World Learning
- World Pulse
To meet the goals of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), every NGO wants to ensure that they reach the world’s most vulnerable populations and have diversity in their staff and populations they reach.
With a population of one billion – one of the world’s largest minorities – people with disabilities are present in every ethnic group, every region and every community. This population must be included as both leaders and beneficiaries in international development and humanitarian efforts such as education, gender, youth, health, civil society, emergency response, livelihood training, and violence prevention.
To reach their goals, innovative organizations are harnessing the expertise of leaders with disabilities who are influencing national policies, mobilizing communities, and advocating for changes that uphold human rights. By joining, organizations are demonstrating their leadership to change the paradigm to build inclusive programs, establish access to services, remove barriers, and protect the rights of people with disabilities. Membership with MIUSA signals this commitment while providing access to the support, technical expertise and advisory services necessary to be successful.
Founded in 1981, Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is a disability-led non-profit organization advancing disability rights and leadership globally.® Its mission is to empower people with disabilities to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development. With a network of over 2,300 alumni in 135 countries, we can provide you with MIUSA’s field-tested experience as well as our contacts in your target regions who have the expertise and connections you need to reach your disability inclusion goals, whether you’re looking to recruit people with disabilities into your programs or to fill positions as staff, consultants, board and advisory committee members, trainers, or more.
MIUSA has over 36 years of experience providing training and technical assistance to international development agencies such as Mercy Corps and Trickle Up. Notable partners have included USAID, U.S. Department of State, and the MacArthur Foundation.
For more than 20 years, MIUSA has been an active member of InterAction, the largest alliance of U.S.-based NGOs. It has been instrumental in founding and leading its disability working group, creating disability standards and implementing the Disability Inclusion Awards.
Benefits of Membership
- 30-minute introductory call with your key staff
- Action Plan customized to your organization
- Packet containing ten Resource Guides and three self-assessment checklists
- Customized referrals to disability experts and consultants
- Access to remote trainings (e.g. webinars) for your organization
- Use of the EDDI Member digital badge for placement on your website or marketing materials
- EDDI Updates E-newsletter
- Discounts for on-site organizational training
- Discounts on MIUSA-led events such as the Gender, Disability and Development Institute (GDDI)
- Discounts on MIUSA publications and Brilliant and Resilient traveling photo exhibit
- Link to your organization’s Careers Page posted on the “Career Opportunities with EDDI Member Organizations” page, with highlighted postings featured in MIUSA’s Global Impact e-news, which reaches people with disabilities worldwide.
Annual Membership Dues*
Dues are assessed based on your organization’s expenses in the most recent year.
- $3500 for organizations with expenses over $50 million
- $2500 for organizations with expenses ranging from $10 – 50 million
- $1500 for organizations with expenses ranging from $3 – 10 million
- $750 for organizations with expenses below $3 million
Engage disabled leaders in your efforts. Join today!
To become a member of EDDI, or to request more information, please contact Ashley Holben.