Join the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) and EducationUSA for a one-hour webinar discussion on the U.S. community college system. Attendees will gain a better understanding of:
- Community college (CC) structure and system
- The cost of tuition difference between attending a CC and a traditional university
- Options for non-financial assistance that a CC may provide students with disabilities
- How international students can work with and access EducationUSA services in over 177 countries for free
- How CC's are a path to obtaining a BA or BS from a traditional 4-year university
- Hear success stories from students and community colleges working together
Students often overlook community colleges as an option for studying in the U.S., especially since these programs are unique to the U.S. and can lead to confusion about the program offerings, benefits, and structure. Join us as we address some of the myths about U.S. community colleges to encourage more international students to see this as a viable option to begin their studies in the U.S..
The webinar will be captioned.
- Chair: Justin Harford, Project Coordinator, MIUSA
- Panelist: Karen Bauer, Regional Educational Advising Coordinator (REAC), Middle East and Central Asia, EducationUSA
- Panelist: Alex Peterson, Director, Center for Global Engagement, Snow College
- Panelist: Abdulrahman Abbas, International Student
Tuesday, September 17 at 12:00PM EST/9:00AM PST