Disability rights. Empowerment. Leadership. International experiences. Global activism.
Did you know that the organization Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is working on these issues right here in Eugene, Oregon?
Did you know that participating in international exchange is a great transition for youth with disabilities to access higher education and employment?
“We need more young people with all types of disabilities to be citizen diplomats and to know how they can study or volunteer abroad.” – Susan Sygall, MIUSA CEO and Co-Founder
You’re invited to attend our open house!
MIUSA invites local youth with disabilities and allies to explore opportunities for becoming global leaders and world travelers. Enjoy some light snacks and refreshments as you:
- Learn about where to apply for scholarships, internships, and jobs in the global field
- Meet MIUSA CEO and Co-Founder Susan Sygall, a disability rights activist and wheelchair rider
- Find out about how people with all types of disabilities can study and volunteer abroad
- Learn about MIUSA’s global projects and local opportunities to get involved
- Pick up our free materials to take home
- Receive information about potential exchange opportunities for professionals
Who should attend
- Youth, students, and young adults with disabilities from the local Eugene/Springfield community
- Parents and professionals who support people with disabilities, including school principals, educators, sign language interpreters, occupational and physical therapists, transition specialists, and adaptive recreation professionals
- Young people without disabilities interested in being allies to the disability rights movement globally
When and where
- When: Tuesday April 16, 2019; Drop by anytime between 4-6 pm!
- Where: The MIUSA Office at 132 E. Broadway St., Suite 343 (Third Floor) in Downtown Eugene
Our space is wheelchair-accessible. An ASL interpreter will be on-site.
Space limited; we strongly encourage people to RSVP by Thursday April 11, 2019 using this online form.
For questions, please contact Ashley Holben at email@example.com or 541-343-1284 ext. 18.
Thank you to our generous sponsor Wells Fargo for making this event possible!