Staff from Mobility International USA (MIUSA) held a meet-up event for a casual evening of networking and visiting with new friends, potential collaborators, world travelers with and without disabilities, disability rights advocates, and others who are passionate about promoting access to international educational exchange.
The meet-up was an energetic evening filled with enthusiastic introductions, collaborative discussions, and dynamic strategies to carry on these new partnerships to ensure disability inclusion in international exchange and international development!
The meet-up brought in a number of organizations and people passionate about international exchange, international development, and disability!
Organizations represented included:
- American Councils for International Education
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- Atlas Corps
- Chemonics International Inc.
- CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange
- Critical Language Scholarship Program
- Connecting Cultures LLC
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF)
- Eurasia Foundation; Atlas Corps
- Gallaudet University
- Georgetown University
- Humanity & Inclusion
- International Youth Foundation
- Institute of Current World Affairs
- IES Abroad
- Making Cents International (Atlas Corps)
- National Disability Rights Network
- Obama Foundation
- Oxfam America
- Peace Corps
- Save the Children
- SIT Graduate Institute
- STANDU, Inc
- Tetra Tech DPK
- Texas A&M
- The WILD Network
- University of Minnesota; Learning Abroad Center
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. Department of State
- United States International Council on Disabilities (USICD)
- Voice of America
- Willamette University
- World Bank
- World Learning
- World Vision
This meetup is an event of the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE), a project of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, designed to increase the participation of people with disabilities in international exchange between the United States and other countries, and is supported in its implementation by Mobility International USA.