The Brilliant & Resilient photo exhibition displayed at the World Bank for two weeks in September 2016. The exhibition event launched on September 21, 2016 with a reception and panel discussion on how women with disabilities across the globe are working as change agents to empower women and girls with disabilities in their communities.
- Patricia Nicklin, Vice President, Global Partnerships, Marketing, and Communications, Management Sciences for Health
- Karen Exel, Director, Office of Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment, USAID
Moderator: Ariadna Capasso, Senior Technical Advisor, Health Programs Group, Management Sciences for Health
- Susan Sygall, Chief Executive Officer, Mobility International USA
- Jennifer Whatley, Divisional Vice President for Civil Society, Institutional Strengthening, and Inclusive Development, World Learning
- Zaruhi Batoyan, Rights Now! Civil Society Leader, Trainer, Women’s Institute on Leadership and Disability (WILD)
- Charlotte V. McClain-Nhlapo, Global Disability Advisor, Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience Global Practice , World Bank Group
The photo exhibit was also displayed at USAID’s Ronald Reagan Building from October 2 – 7th, 2016.
This was a World Bank Disability-inclusive Development Knowledge Silo Breaker event.
This event was supported by the Leadership, Management and Governance (LMG) project, sponsored by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The reception was partially funded by Management Sciences for Health.