- Depending on your involvement with MIUSA, PII that you submit to us may include, amongst other things, your identity, your home and e-mail address, your date of birth, your (mobile) telephone number, schools attended, highest grade/qualification received, an image, photo or video of you, travel itineraries, a personal statement, your CV or resumé, certain medical history and medical disclosures, as well as answers to specific questions;
- MIUSA collects and uses your PII for the purpose of managing programs and activities, informing you about MIUSA programs related to volunteering or studying abroad as a participant.
- MIUSA transfers this PII across international borders to securely store this information in other countries. Currently, the location of this server is in the United States of America.
- Subject to certain conditions and limitations, you have the right to access and update your PII and, in some circumstances you have the right to request the erasure of your PII;
- MIUSA may use (third party) cookies and other similar techniques to obtain information from you when using MIUSA websites in order to facilitate your use of these websites;
- If you are a minor and your parent’s/legal guardian’s consent is required for you to provide PII, ask for your parent’s/legal guardian’s permission.
How we protect your privacy
Your Privacy and MIUSA
MIUSA is committed to upholding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. The information below explains what we do with the data we collect and applies to information submitted anywhere on this site.
The Information We Collect
MIUSA collects information voluntarily provided to us through this site. MIUSA does not collect personally identifiable information about individuals except when specifically, and knowingly provided by such individuals.
MIUSA does utilize cookies. A “cookie” is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. This information helps MIUSA to know how and when our site is visited and which pages are viewed.
MIUSA does not use advertising cookies.
We use non-personally identifiable information collected through a “cookie” to improve the design and content of our site, to enable us to personalize your Internet experience, analyze trends, gather broad demographic information, administer the site, and for other MIUSA purposes.
MIUSA will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any personally identifiable information to any third parties outside our partner organizations and those working directly with them in connection with MIUSA activities. We will only disclose personally identifiable information we maintain to those not directly working in connection with MIUSA activities when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena.
Personal information collected by MIUSA and our websites is stored in secure operating environments and can only be accessed by MIUSA employees, consultants, or volunteers exclusively for the management of the MIUSA program operations. At present, we centralize records of personal information in the United States of America.
The transfer and processing of your information may be governed by the laws of the United States of America which may not offer the same rights and remedies as the laws in your country of residence. MIUSA will protect your personal information no matter where we process or store it, following this privacy statement. By submitting your personal data to MIUSA, you hereby consent to this transfer and processing of your personal information.
You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your PII maintained by MIUSA if it is inaccurate. You may also request that MIUSA delete that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions.
If you have any questions about this policy, or if you want to submit a request, you can contact us as follows:
Mobility International USA
132 East Broadway, Suite 343
Eugene, Oregon 97401