College/University Programs

A young woman wearing sari material as she uses a wheelchair is petting several animals in a local courtyard.
Connect your classroom work with real-world situations and experiences through international exchange.

Each year, thousands of American undergraduate and graduate students with and without disabilities travel abroad on international academic exchange programs. These students are brushing up on new languages, advancing their cross-cultural awareness, and building valuable independence - all skills that make a hearty resume for future employment opportunities. You can, too! Start your search with the Related Links below.

International Exchange through Your College/University Campus

If you are a currently enrolled in an American college or university, first check with your school to see if they have an international exchange or study abroad office or specific international programs that your academic department coordinates with faculty. Participating in a program that your college or university offers directly can be more cost-effective since you may be able to apply any existing financial aid you have towards the program and you often don't have to worry about transferring academic credits.

International Exchange through Outside Organizations & Providers

A variety of international exchange organizations coordinate programs that bring together students from different colleges & universities around general and specific topics. It's important to verify that the academic credits for these programs will be accepted by your college/university and your academic major. In some cases, financial aid that you receive from your college/university may be applied towards approved outside international exchange organizations.

U.S. Department of State Programs for College/University Students

Don't forget to check out the U.S. Department of State's programs for college/university undergraduate and graduate students. These amazing opportunities are usually fully-funded!