With sponsorship from USAID/Vietnam and the Institute of International Education (IIE), Mobility International USA (MIUSA) organized and facilitated a 10‐day Study Tour in Washington, D.C. for a high-level delegation from Vietnam. In October 2016, delegates engaged in professional meetings, interactive seminars and workshops, panel discussions, site visits, and strategic planning sessions.
The delegates, who were selected by USAID/Vietnam, were well positioned to accelerate the rate of change and progress in assuring the rights of persons with disabilities in Vietnam.
The delegation included representative from:
- The National Assembly and the Prime Minister’s office
- The Ministry of Construction
- The Ministry of Transportation
- The Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs
- The Ministry of Finance
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment
- A major university (a medical doctor)
- A private company (the CEO)
- Disabled people’s organizations (as observers).
To enhance the impact of the program, delegates also developed action plans in order to apply their newly acquired knowledge, ideas and skills upon returning to Vietnam.
Washington, DC, USA