Celebrating Disabled Women Activists Globally
Through exchanges, seed grants, photo exhibits and more, MIUSA supports WILD women with disabilities worldwide.
Welcoming Delegates from Pakistan this Month
This leadership exchange strengthens organizations working to empower people with disabilities in Pakistan.
Volunteering Abroad with the Deaf Community
MIUSA alumna and Harris Wofford Global Service Fellow, Teresa Pichardo volunteered with Deaf students in Ghana.Read about her experiences
For 32 years, MIUSA has been empowering people with disabilities around the world to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development.
- Tools for Exchange Professionals
- How to create inclusive exchange programs, and technical assistance on accommodating a student with a specific disability
- Answers to common disability questions when planning for or looking for an international exchange experience.
- Stories & Blogs
- Read real life stories from individuals with disabilities about international exchange joys, challenges, and tips!
- Going Abroad: A Guide for Americans with Disabilities
- Learn the basics of going abroad with a disability, including strategies for finding, funding and preparing for your international exchange experience.
- Financial Aid and Funding for International Exchange
- Take advantage of funded programs and fellowships, scholarships and loans, fundraising strategies, and government assistance programs.
- Coming to the United States
- Learn about the rights of people with disabilities who visit the U.S., and find exchange opportunities to take you there!
- AWAY Topics - Disability 101: Create a Culture of Inclusion for Education Abroad
- The seventh issue of AWAY Topics offers best practices in making education abroad inclusive of and accessible to people with disabilities.
- About International Exchange Program Staff
- Short biographies and photographs of MIUSA's International Exchange Program staff.
- Mental Health Considerations for International Exchange Participants
- Preparing for and managing your mental health when participating in overseas opportunities.
- Disclosing a Disability for an International Exchange Program
- Information and resources on the topic of disclosure for international exchange participants with disabilities, including when, why and what to disclose about your disability.
- Social Security or Vocational Rehabilitation and Going Abroad
- Find out how people with disabilities who receive SSI benefits and VR funds can continue while studying abroad.
Mobility International USA's mission is to empower people with disabilities around the world to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development. MIUSA is a cross-disability organization serving those with cognitive, hearing, learning, mental health, physical, systemic, vision and other disabilities.