Gallaudet University’s Office of Research Support and International Affairs and the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange (NCDE) held the “Go Global Fair” to promote the wide breadth of international exchange opportunities to more students who are Deaf.
Over fifteen international organizations exhibited at Gallaudet University to share about international opportunities with students, staff, and faculty including fellowships, scholarships, study abroad programs, and employment opportunities! Representatives included staff from Fulbright, the Gilman Scholarship, CIEE (study abroad), Chemonics, and so many more!
“I know that many students came to find and talk about specific opportunities (like programs and scholarships), but I think there was valuable information exchanged that will permeate this community beyond just the folks who were in the room. I can’t wait to see how this helps us build a more internationalized culture on campus.” – Gallaudet staff member
Other highlights from the “Go Global Fair”:
- Over 200 Gallaudet students attended the fair!
- Exhibitors were thrilled about student interest and engagement at their tables
- Interest to continue the event in the future
- Keynote address by David Levin, U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Senior Program Manager and Diversity Coordinator
- The NCDE provided resources to exhibitors on tips to prepare for an inclusive exchange program, specifically for Deaf students.
The NCDE was thrilled for the opportunity to co-sponsor such an incredible event to reach more Deaf students about international opportunities!
“You know, I think there are really valuable conversations happening in this room.” – Gallaudet student
Check out photo highlights from the event: