Pioneering disability and international exchange organizations are partnering as members to the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange’s Roundtable Consortium to increase the participation of people with disabilities in the broad range of international exchange programs.
Established in 1995, the National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange is a project of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, designed to increase the participation of people with disabilities in international exchange between the United States and other countries, and is supported in its implementation by Mobility International USA.
The NCDE goals are to increase the participation of people with disabilities in the full range of international educational opportunities by:
- Educating people with disabilities and disability-related organizations about international educational exchange opportunities
- Providing international exchange organizations with practical how-to consulting and training on including people with disabilities in their programs.
NCDE’s advisory committee of 27 prominent international exchange and disability organizations is most important to the Clearinghouse’s accomplishments. Through annual meetings, NCDE and the members stay updated on organizational activities and share ideas on new directions for future collaborative projects and information dissemination.
- AFS-USA, Inc.
- Alliance for International Exchange
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
- American Councils
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD)
- Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD)
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET)
- Cultural Vistas
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF)
- Discovering Deaf Worlds (DDW)
- Diversity Abroad
- Global Ties U.S.
- Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired– San Francisco
- Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
- NAFSA -- Association of International Educators
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- PACER Center
- United States Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)
- United States International Council on Disabilities (USICD)
- University of California, Education Abroad Program (UCEAP)
- University of Minnesota, Access Abroad
- World Learning